Wed, Jun 21|
The Sundry KC
East Meets West - Chinese True Leaf Tea Master Class - Afternoon
This is a rare opportunity to dive deeply into the authentic tea leaf Camellia Sinensis! This Master Class is for the true tea lover, celebrating what we call true leaf teas, no blends, no decafs, no herbals, just the tea leaves and the magic they alone have to offer.
Time & Location
Jun 21, 2023, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
The Sundry KC, 1150 W 81st St, Kansas City, MO 64114, USA
About the Event
Li Li and Stacie Robertson join together to create an East Meets West experience that will deepen your appreciation for tea and awaken your senses to the subtlety and depth of what the ancient traditions call to our attention. We will share modern ways to incorporate these teas and their unique preparations into your busy, everyday life.
We will experience 5 exquisite and world-renowned true leaf teas:
- An Ji Bai Cha, a green tea
- Golden Monkey, a black tea
- Yen Zhen Silver Needle, a white tea
- Jasmine Phoenix Pearls, a green tea
- Bao Zhong, an oolong tea
You will ENJOY a thorough discussion of these 5 true leaf teas focusing on:
- why and when to drink each one.
- each tea’s unique health benefits.
- a unique steeping presentation demonstrating how to unlock what the tea master intended you to enjoy.
- using all of your senses to taste, savor, and truly come to "know" the nature of each of these handmade, artisan teas.
- how each tea can be used as a personal ritual or to create authentic connections with others.
In addition to all of the knowledge we will share, you will RECEIVE:
- An exquisite Personal Tea Set, your perfect companion for enjoying your favorite brews on-the-go or during a cozy staycation. This compact, yet sophisticated tea set includes a glass pitcher, a ceramic infuser, two beautifully designed cups, and a convenient travel case. The set will be used to present one of the teas so you learn exactly how to use it. ($47 value) View Here
- A Tea Sampler containing one-ounce samples of all five of the incredible teas you will experience. You can recreate what you learn at home! ($47.50 value - only available as part of this class) View Here
- A Handout that includes information on the teas and their preparation so you can make notes throughout the presentation! (priceless)
- A Delectable Treat to enjoy as we taste our way through all five teas. (yummy satisfaction)
This is a rare treat to learn the nuances of what it means to truly know tea.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Reservations per person are required. We are offering this class to a very limited number of people so that it is intimate and we can personally connect with YOU in an authentic way.
- There are stairs to enter and exit the venue.
- We will be seated on cushions at a low table so prepare your body and mind and dress accordingly
- We are enjoying true teas with their natural caffeine without any additions or flavoring. If that's not your cup of tea we understand that this class is not for you.
About Our Presenters:
Tea Market Founder, Stacie Robertson a Holistic Health Coach, Certified Tea Specialist and Master Blender is joined by Li Li who was born in China and educated in the Chinese art and science of tea by Chinese Tea Master Fan Zengping. She obtained the certification of International Tea Art Master and is classically trained in tea history, culture, science, and botany.
Since 2011 Li has taught Tea Discovery Classes to her Chinese community sharing the traditions and old-world wisdom of the way of true leaf tea. Having grown up in the culture of tea, she is passionate about authentic connections born of tea, art, music and travel, and celebrates her love of tea all over the world with anyone who has a thirst to learn and share. She believes tea is more than a drink, it is a beautiful melody for a healthy life.
Our gracious host, Jess Azar Founder and Owner of The Sundry, will share her thoughts and experience of how the simple act of bringing her "tea for two" tray to a friend's house has become her favorite way to support someone in need.
The Sundry is located at the corner of 81st Street & Ward Parkway Plaza. The address is: 1150 West 81st Street, Kansas City, MO 64114 | 816-905-2990 | www.thesundrykc.com | Directions and parking instructions will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration for the class.