Sat, Feb 24|
Aixois French Restaurant
Royal Afternoon Tea 2:00
Tea Market is collaborating with Aixois French Restaurant to offer a five-course Royal Afternoon Tea.
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2024, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Aixois French Restaurant, 251 E 55th St, Kansas City, MO 64113, USA
About the Event
Our offering of Royal Afternoon Tea in collaboration with Aixois French Restaurant, which is just down the block from Tea Market, features five courses, each carefully paired with what I feel is the perfect tea to accompany each dish.
- Cherry Scone paired with Japanese Cherry Green Tea
- French Onion Soup paired with Golden Monkey Black Tea
- Croque Monsieur Sandwich paired with Aixois Blend Black Tea
- Tomato and Goat Cheese Savory Tart paired with Moroccan Mint Green Tea
- Flourless Chocolate Cake paired with SwifTEA White Tea
That’s right, five delicious courses paired with a tea specifically chosen to celebrate the season and each yummy dish.
As each course and tea is presented, I’ll share information about the tea: how it enhances the dish, a unique story about the tea, specific health properties, or an interesting history or legend. I'll also share how to steep the tea yourself at home which will come in handy because you will receive a sample of each of the teas so that you can enjoy and recreate the experience at home.
The opportunity to partner with Aixois, the French Restaurant just down the block from Tea Market, provides many things the former experience was lacking. First, a truly elegant space. We will be holding our event in Aixois’ newly renovated, charming, and sophisticatedly appointed front room. The space will be reserved just for us! Second, delicious food will be expertly prepared by one of Kansas City’s favorite chefs, Emmanuel Langlade.
Now about the part where Afternoon Tea becomes Royal Tea. There is a tradition of adding a sparkling adult beverage to a lovely tea experience and elevating it to a Royal Tea. Because sometimes more is better, you will have the opportunity to purchase and enjoy a glass or two of Champagne or other bubbles chosen for the event by our Chef! We can’t wait to see what you think of this reimagined concept. We sincerely hope you can join us.
Things to know before making your reservation:
- The Royal Afternoon Tea includes a set menu for the food and the teas. Individual dietary preferences, allergies, or caffeine preferences cannot be accommodated.
- This event is for those 18 years and older.
- Reservations are made through the link below, are prepaid, and are non-refundable.
- Because of the preset menu which will be prepared just for you before seating, and the limited availability, there will not be refunds or cancellations.
- You may reserve for a group and you will be seated together but there may also be communal seating as some of the lovely seating spaces are designed for gathering together.
- You may purchase champagne through the restaurant separate from the price of the event and pay directly to Aixois at the end of the event.
- You will take home a sample of all 5 teas presented.
- If you wish to shop at Tea Market before or after your Royal Afternoon Tea experience you will receive a 10% discount on your purchase the day of the event.
Seating is limited to 35 people so sign up soon. We hope you can join us!
If you can't join us this time, here are the future dates for 2024:
MAY 18, AUGUST 24, NOVEMBER 9.
The menu will be posted 1 month prior to the event.
Photo Credit: www.LeaMurphy.com
- Ticket type
Royal Afternoon Tea 2/24 2:00
Your ticket is non-refundable. Individual dietary preferences or allergies, or caffeine preferences cannot be accommodated. This event is not for children or babies. You may reserve for a group and you will be seated together but there may also be communal seating as some of the lovely seating spaces are designed for gathering together. Champagne can be purchased at the restaurant separately. 10% discount on your Tea Market purchase the day of the event.Price$62.00Sold Out
This event is sold out